Resources for Speaking Engagements
This page contains helpful information to make your life as an event organiser as easy as possible. You will find high resolution pictures for your printing material, Bio Introductions, Social Links and Technical Requirements. In case you need anything else, please do not hesitate to contact Bert van Loon directly on +31 653 430 200 or by e-mail.
(If you are looking for more information to book Bert van Loon as a speaker or moderator on Content Marketing Strategy, Inbound & Outbound marketing, Social Media and Publishing, there’s this page about how to explore the possibilities to speak at your event.)
Please find different (length) bio-versions for your programme website and brochures.
Short version – bullets
Bert van Loon
– International Business Communications & Media Strategist
– Working internationally from his home base in the Rotterdam Area (The Netherlands)
– 20+ years publishing and business communication experience in a wide variety of industries
– Fields of specialisation: B2B, international, associations, publishing industry and other knowledge intensive industries
– Ambition: making communication effective for business purposes, accountable and fun!
– Motto: “I believe #ContentMarketing is to today, what advertising was to the 60s! Mad Men become Meaningful Men!“
Short version – text
Bert van Loon (NL) grew up in B2B-publishing, experiencing the industry’s open-heart surgery called „switching from print-only to cross media” from the operation theater.
Over the last years he has been delivering modern marketing communication strategies to non-publishing organisations using his publishers’ experience to help them building an audience, starting a dialogue and turning eyeballs into business leads.
His motto: “I believe #ContentMarketing is to today, what advertising was to the 60s! Mad Men become Meaningful Men!“
If he’s not traveling or working at clients‘ premises you can find him at his work place on the ancient SS Rotterdam Ocean Liner.
Bert van Loon grew up in the publishing industry and built his experience in a variety of publishing specialities such as trade publications, consumer magazines and special interest custom publishing. Across these publishing areas he applied all possible media types (print, online, events) extensively.
The first part of his professional track was dedicated to building businesses for publishers. The past years have been dominated by the challenge to develop modern marketing-communication strategies for business in general and using publishing experience to help organisations in building a dialogue based relation with their audiences.
In this day and age communication is everywhere and the saying goes “Every Company is a Publisher”. Bert van Loon argues that this expression is only partly true. Companies should indeed use publishers’ strategies, tactics and techniques to attract, engage and serve their audiences. However the focus of a publisher is towards aggregating audiences based on common interests in order to create outreach for a multitude of advertisers. Companies should indeed use publishers’ skills to deliver relevant, useful and entertaining content to cater for their audiences, but the ultimate goal is to satisfy a variety of individual needs for every single client.
Content Marketing is all about bringing existing expertise about Advertising, PR, DM, Publishing, SEO, Consultative Selling and Entertainment together and redefine them according to the changing communication behaviour of your audiences. Our challenge is is to make communication effective for business purposes, accountable and fun! Bert van Loon is happy to inspire you in alignment with his motto: “I believe #ContentMarketing is to today, what advertising was to the 60s! Mad Men become Meaningful Men!“
If he’s not traveling or working at clients‘ premises you can find him at his work place on the ancient SS Rotterdam Ocean Liner
The images below can be used on a royalty-free basis but for no other purposes than to accompany Bert van Loon’s speaking engagements.
Download hi-res image
Download hi-res image
- LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/BertvanLoon
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BertvanLoon
– Wireless Lavalier Microphone
– Audio system with mini plug (depending on the presentation. Please check in advance)
– VGA/DVI connected projector or screen (16:9).
– I will bring my presentation on my own Macbook with the necessary connectors and remote control